Reflexology applies this response to the whole body. By applying pressure to points on your feet and hands, you can treat and heal problems elsewhere in the body.
Reflexology is recommended by doctors for a variety of conditions, including:
- back pain and muscle strain
- sports injuries
- anxiety and depression
- sleep and eating disorders
- poor circulation
- irritable bowel syndrome
- pre-menstrual tension
- symptoms of the menopause
- breathing difficulties such as asthma
Before you go
It doesn’t really matter what you wear when you go for reflexology, as they will focus mainly on your feet, and then hands. Out of courtesy and kindness of course, it is a good idea to make sure that your feet are clean and fragrant!
You should always let your therapist know:
- of any medical conditions you have, and treatment or medication you are receiving
- if you are, or think you might be, pregnant
- if you have recently had an operation or surgery
- if you have had any injuries that might affect your treatment – such as a recently healed broken ankle
as this may affect the type of treatment you can have.